Articles | Volume 27, issue 4
© Author(s) 2023. This work is distributed underthe Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 License.
Characterizing 4 decades of accelerated glacial mass loss in the west Nyainqentanglha Range of the Tibetan Plateau
- Final revised paper (published on 01 Mar 2023)
- Supplement to the final revised paper
- Preprint (discussion started on 23 May 2022)
- Supplement to the preprint
Comment types: AC – author | RC – referee | CC – community | EC – editor | CEC – chief editor |
: Report abuse
RC1: 'Comment on hess-2022-179', Anonymous Referee #1, 30 Jun 2022
- AC1: 'Reply on RC1', Jintao Liu, 23 Aug 2022
RC2: 'Comment on hess-2022-179', Anonymous Referee #1, 05 Sep 2022
- AC2: 'Reply on RC2', Jintao Liu, 05 Sep 2022
CC1: 'Comment on hess-2022-179', Xiangying Li, 17 Oct 2022
AC3: 'Reply on CC1', Jintao Liu, 01 Nov 2022
CC2: 'Reply on AC3', Xiangying Li, 08 Nov 2022
- AC4: 'Reply on CC2', Jintao Liu, 08 Nov 2022
- CC2: 'Reply on AC3', Xiangying Li, 08 Nov 2022
- AC3: 'Reply on CC1', Jintao Liu, 01 Nov 2022
RC3: 'Comment on hess-2022-179', Anonymous Referee #2, 05 Dec 2022
- AC5: 'Reply on RC3', Jintao Liu, 19 Dec 2022
Peer review completion
AR: Author's response | RR: Referee report | ED: Editor decision
ED: Publish subject to minor revisions (further review by editor) (31 Dec 2022) by Fuqiang Tian
AR by Jintao Liu on behalf of the Authors (04 Jan 2023)  Author's response Author's tracked changes Manuscript
ED: Publish as is (14 Feb 2023) by Fuqiang Tian
The manuscript quantified changes in glacier area, surface elevation and mass balance in the WNT over the past 44 years and investigated associated influence factors over 1976-2000 and 2000-2020, based on multi-source remote sensing datasets. It is important to well understand the importance of glacier changes and associated impacts in the WNT, where these glaciers plays a critical role in regulating regional water resources through supplying meltwater to the densely populated Lhasa River basin and Nam Co. Overall, the science of the manuscript is very interesting, and the structure and writing of the manuscript are good, but there are some issues the authors should be considered.
1) Figure 1: Debris-cover is debris cover, Debris-cover glaciers is Debris-covered glaciers, and other glaciers is right?
2) Some units should be superscirpt.
3) Some References cited in the manuscript are missing in the Reference list. Please carefully check.