Education and communication
22 Jan 2019
Education and communication | 22 Jan 2019
Flooded by jargon: how the interpretation of water-related terms differs between hydrology experts and the general audience
Gemma J. Venhuizen et al.
Total article views: 3,695 (including HTML, PDF, and XML)Cumulative views and downloads (calculated since 25 Jun 2018)Views and downloads (calculated since 25 Jun 2018)
Viewed (geographical distribution)
Total article views: 3,016 (including HTML, PDF, and XML) Thereof 2,994 with geography defined and 22 with unknown origin.
Total article views: 1,918 (including HTML, PDF, and XML) Thereof 1,904 with geography defined and 14 with unknown origin.
Total article views: 1,098 (including HTML, PDF, and XML) Thereof 1,090 with geography defined and 8 with unknown origin.
13 citations as recorded by crossref.
- Soil lacquer peel do-it-yourself: simply capturing beauty C. Stoof et al. 10.5194/soil-5-159-2019
- Rethinking discretization to advance limnology amid the ongoing information explosion B. Kraemer 10.1016/j.watres.2020.115801
- Building the information system of the French Critical Zone Observatories network: Theia/OZCAR-IS I. Braud et al. 10.1080/02626667.2020.1764568
- What’s in a Name? Patterns, Trends, and Suggestions for Defining Non-Perennial Rivers and Streams M. Busch et al. 10.3390/w12071980
- Fracking bad language – hydraulic fracturing and earthquake risks J. Roberts et al. 10.5194/gc-4-303-2021
- Storylines for practice: a visual storytelling approach to strengthen the science-practice interface V. Cortes Arevalo et al. 10.1007/s11625-020-00793-y
- Information sharing preferences within buildings: Benefits of cognitive interviewing for enhancing a discrete choice experiment P. Haggar et al. 10.1016/j.enbuild.2021.111786
- Editorial: Geoscience communication – planning to make it publishable J. Hillier et al. 10.5194/gc-4-493-2021
- Scalable Flux Metrics at the Channel‐Floodplain Interface as Indicators of Lateral Surface Connectivity During Flood Events C. Byrne et al. 10.1029/2019WR026080
- Demystifying Drought: Strategies to Enhance the Communication of a Complex Hazard K. Lackstrom & C. Davis 10.1175/BAMS-D-21-0089.1
- Seeing science: using graphics to communicate research M. Perra & T. Brinkman 10.1002/ecs2.3786
- A hydrologist's guide to open science C. Hall et al. 10.5194/hess-26-647-2022
- Hydrostreamer v1.0 – improved streamflow predictions for local applications from an ensemble of downscaled global runoff products M. Kallio et al. 10.5194/gmd-14-5155-2021
Discussed (final revised paper)
Latest update: 08 Aug 2022