Have precipitation extremes and annual totals been increasing in the world's dry regions over the last 60 years?
Total article views: 4,880 (including HTML, PDF, and XML)Cumulative views and downloads (calculated since 12 Sep 2016)Views and downloads (calculated since 12 Sep 2016)
Viewed (geographical distribution)
Total article views: 4,880 (including HTML, PDF, and XML) Thereof 4,706 with geography defined and 174 with unknown origin.
Total article views: 3,713 (including HTML, PDF, and XML) Thereof 3,565 with geography defined and 148 with unknown origin.
Total article views: 1,167 (including HTML, PDF, and XML) Thereof 1,141 with geography defined and 26 with unknown origin.
22 citations as recorded by crossref.
- Changes in mean and extreme temperature and precipitation events from different weighted multi-model ensembles over the northern half of Morocco S. Balhane et al. 10.1007/s00382-021-05910-w
- Role of mean and variability change in changes in European annual and seasonal extreme precipitation events R. Wood 10.5194/esd-14-797-2023
- Space-time clustering of climate extremes amplify global climate impacts, leading to fat-tailed risk L. Bonnafous & U. Lall 10.5194/nhess-21-2277-2021
- Multidimensional risk in a nonstationary climate: Joint probability of increasingly severe warm and dry conditions A. Sarhadi et al. 10.1126/sciadv.aau3487
- A synthesis of hourly and daily precipitation extremes in different climatic regions R. Barbero et al. 10.1016/j.wace.2019.100219
- Trends in U.S. Hourly Precipitation Variance 1949–2009 L. Canel & J. Katz 10.1175/JHM-D-17-0097.1
- The decreasing range between dry- and wet- season precipitation over land and its effect on vegetation primary productivity G. Murray-Tortarolo et al. 10.1371/journal.pone.0190304
- Summer‐Winter Contrast in the Response of Precipitation Extremes to Climate Change Over Northern Hemisphere Land A. Williams & P. O’Gorman 10.1029/2021GL096531
- Recent observed country‐wide climate trends in Morocco F. Driouech et al. 10.1002/joc.6734
- Parallelization of the flow-path network model using a particle-set strategy F. Zhang & Q. Zhou 10.1080/13658816.2019.1599126
- Testing water fluxes and storage from two hydrology configurations within the ORCHIDEE land surface model across US semi-arid sites N. MacBean et al. 10.5194/hess-24-5203-2020
- Intensification of precipitation extremes in the world’s humid and water-limited regions M. Donat et al. 10.1088/1748-9326/ab1c8e
- Future transition in climate extremes over Western Ghats of India based on CMIP6 models S. Shetty et al. 10.1007/s10661-023-11090-3
- High-elevation landforms are experiencing more remarkable wetting trends in arid Central Asia Y. ZHANG et al. 10.1016/j.accre.2022.04.007
- Local-scale changes in mean and heavy precipitation in Western Europe, climate change or internal variability? E. Aalbers et al. 10.1007/s00382-017-3901-9
- Changes in Extreme Precipitation Over Dry and Wet Regions of China During 1961‐2014 J. Han et al. 10.1029/2018JD029974
- Changes of Annual Precipitation and Probability Distributions for Different Climate Types of the World . Sharma & . Ojha 10.3390/w11102092
- Spatiotemporal variation of precipitation on a global scale from 1960 to 2016 in a new normalized daily precipitation dataset J. Liu et al. 10.1002/joc.7437
- Addendum: More extreme precipitation in the world's dry and wet regions M. Donat et al. 10.1038/nclimate3160
- Management of Unanticipated Extreme Flood P. Das & R. Rahman 10.4018/IJDREM.2018010102
- Trends in extreme rainfall over ecologically sensitive Western Ghats and coastal regions of Karnataka: an observational assessment V. Chandrashekar & A. Shetty 10.1007/s12517-018-3700-6
- Identification of Source‐Water Oxygen Isotopes in Trees Toolkit (ISO‐Tool) for Deciphering Historical Water Use by Forest Trees C. Sargeant et al. 10.1029/2018WR024519
Latest update: 01 Dec 2023