13 Jul 2017
Research article | 13 Jul 2017
Marginal cost curves for water footprint reduction in irrigated agriculture: guiding a cost-effective reduction of crop water consumption to a permit or benchmark level
Abebe D. Chukalla et al.
Total article views: 3,413 (including HTML, PDF, and XML)Cumulative views and downloads (calculated since 17 Feb 2017)Views and downloads (calculated since 17 Feb 2017)
Viewed (geographical distribution)
Total article views: 3,413 (including HTML, PDF, and XML) Thereof 3,240 with geography defined and 173 with unknown origin.
Total article views: 2,524 (including HTML, PDF, and XML) Thereof 2,376 with geography defined and 148 with unknown origin.
Total article views: 889 (including HTML, PDF, and XML) Thereof 864 with geography defined and 25 with unknown origin.
24 citations as recorded by crossref.
- Understanding agricultural water footprint variability to improve water management in Chile V. Novoa et al. 10.1016/j.scitotenv.2019.03.127
- Financial Feasibility of Water Conservation in Agriculture C. Siderius et al. 10.1029/2020EF001726
- Applying grey water footprint assessment to achieve environmental sustainability within a nation under intensive agriculture: a high-resolution assessment for common agrochemicals and crops F. Karandish 10.1007/s12665-019-8199-y
- The Water Footprint Concept and Water's Grand Environmental Challenges R. Hogeboom 10.1016/j.oneear.2020.02.010
- Sustainable water use through multiple cropping systems and precision irrigation A. Brar et al. 10.1016/j.jclepro.2021.130117
- Socioeconomic benefits of conserving Iran’s water resources through modifying agricultural practices and water management strategies F. Karandish 10.1007/s13280-021-01534-w
- Water Allocation and Integrative Management of Precision Irrigation: A Systematic Review Z. Liang et al. 10.3390/w12113135
- Dietary recommendations in Spain –affordability and environmental sustainability? S. González-García et al. 10.1016/j.jclepro.2020.120125
- Dynamic assessment of the impacts of global warming on nitrate losses from a subsurface-drained rainfed-canola field F. Haghnazari et al. 10.1016/j.agwat.2020.106420
- Trade‐off between nutritive value improvement and crop water use for an alfalfa–grass system M. Dhakal et al. 10.1002/csc2.20159
- Informing National Food and Water Security Policy through Water Footprint Assessment: the Case of Iran F. Karandish & A. Hoekstra 10.3390/w9110831
- Groundwater saving and quality improvement by reducing water footprints of crops to benchmarks levels F. Karandish et al. 10.1016/j.advwatres.2018.09.011
- Low-Carbon Urban Water Systems: Opportunities beyond Water and Wastewater Utilities? K. Lam & J. van der Hoek 10.1021/acs.est.0c05385
- Water scarcity alleviation through water footprint reduction in agriculture: The effect of soil mulching and drip irrigation H. Nouri et al. 10.1016/j.scitotenv.2018.10.311
- Adaptive Agricultural Strategies for Facing Water Deficit in Sweet Maize Production: A Case Study of a Semi-Arid Mediterranean Region L. Piscitelli et al. 10.3390/w13223285
- Water productivity in meat and milk production in the US from 1960 to 2016 M. Mekonnen et al. 10.1016/j.envint.2019.105084
- A Knowledge Brokering Framework for Integrated Landscape Management D. McGonigle et al. 10.3389/fsufs.2020.00013
- Marginal Abatement Cost Curves for Water Scarcity Mitigation under Uncertainty K. Sjöstrand et al. 10.1007/s11269-019-02376-8
- Optimal Irrigation Strategy using Economic Model Predictive Control L. Balbis 10.25046/aj050693
- Volume versus value of crop-related water footprints and virtual water flows: A case study for the Yellow River Basin L. Zhuo et al. 10.1016/j.jhydrol.2022.127674
- On-farm reduced irrigation and fertilizer doses, and arbuscular mycorrhizal fungal inoculation improve water productivity in tomato production C. Biel et al. 10.1016/j.scienta.2021.110337
- Water productivity benchmarks: The case of maize and soybean in Nebraska M. Mekonnen et al. 10.1016/j.agwat.2020.106122
- Water and Land Footprints and Economic Productivity as Factors in Local Crop Choice: The Case of Silk in Malawi R. Hogeboom & A. Hoekstra 10.3390/w9100802
- Unit TSP Abatement Costs of Building Modernization as a Tool of Air Quality Management: Krakow Case Study T. Stypka et al. 10.1051/e3sconf/20198600023
Latest update: 27 Jan 2023