11 May 2017
Research article | 11 May 2017
Advancing land surface model development with satellite-based Earth observations
Rene Orth et al.
Total article views: 3,226 (including HTML, PDF, and XML)Cumulative views and downloads (calculated since 14 Dec 2016)Views and downloads (calculated since 14 Dec 2016)
Viewed (geographical distribution)
Total article views: 3,157 (including HTML, PDF, and XML) Thereof 3,115 with geography defined and 42 with unknown origin.
Total article views: 2,445 (including HTML, PDF, and XML) Thereof 2,405 with geography defined and 40 with unknown origin.
Total article views: 712 (including HTML, PDF, and XML) Thereof 710 with geography defined and 2 with unknown origin.
23 citations as recorded by crossref.
- Observed Decrease in Soil and Atmosphere Temperature Coupling in Recent Decades Over Northern Eurasia L. Chen et al. 10.1029/2021GL092500
- Upgrading Land‐Cover and Vegetation Seasonality in the ECMWF Coupled System: Verification With FLUXNET Sites, METEOSAT Satellite Land Surface Temperatures, and ERA5 Atmospheric Reanalysis M. Nogueira et al. 10.1029/2020JD034163
- Validation of terrestrial biogeochemistry in CMIP6 Earth system models: a review L. Spafford & A. MacDougall 10.5194/gmd-14-5863-2021
- Evaluating and improving simulations of diurnal variation in land surface temperature with the Community Land Model for the Tibetan Plateau X. Ma et al. 10.7717/peerj.11040
- Satellite and In Situ Observations for Advancing Global Earth Surface Modelling: A Review G. Balsamo et al. 10.3390/rs10122038
- Comparison of Simulated Spatial Patterns Using Rain Gauge and Polarimetric-Radar-Based Precipitation Data in Catchment Hydrological Modeling X. He et al. 10.1175/JHM-D-17-0235.1
- Verification of Land–Atmosphere Coupling in Forecast Models, Reanalyses, and Land Surface Models Using Flux Site Observations P. Dirmeyer et al. 10.1175/JHM-D-17-0152.1
- The SPAtial EFficiency metric (SPAEF): multiple-component evaluation of spatial patterns for optimization of hydrological models J. Koch et al. 10.5194/gmd-11-1873-2018
- Validation of Landsat 8 high resolution Sea Surface Temperature using surfers Q. Vanhellemont et al. 10.1016/j.ecss.2021.107650
- An Improved Cloud Gap-Filling Method for Longwave Infrared Land Surface Temperatures through Introducing Passive Microwave Techniques T. Dowling et al. 10.3390/rs13173522
- Estimation of LST from multi-sensor thermal remote sensing data and evaluating the influence of sensor characteristics. I. Dar et al. 10.1080/19475683.2019.1623318
- Sensitivity of Surface Fluxes in the ECMWF Land Surface Model to the Remotely Sensed Leaf Area Index and Root Distribution: Evaluation with Tower Flux Data D. Stevens et al. 10.3390/atmos11121362
- Cloud Detection with Historical Geostationary Satellite Sensors for Climate Applications R. Stöckli et al. 10.3390/rs11091052
- Contrasting Hydroclimatic Model‐Data Agreements Over the Nordic‐Arctic Region A. Bring et al. 10.1029/2019EF001296
- Validation of ECMWF climatic data, 1979–2017, and implications for modelling water balance for tropical climates L. Oliveira Aparecido et al. 10.1002/joc.6604
- An All-Weather Land Surface Temperature Product Based on MSG/SEVIRI Observations J. Martins et al. 10.3390/rs11243044
- Acurácia da Reanálise ERA-Interim do ECMWF e sua Aplicação na Estimativa da Deficiência Hídrica no Estado do Paraná, Brasil L. Aparecido et al. 10.1590/0102-7786344066
- Caracterização Hídrica Espacial e Sazonal de Mato Grosso do Sul com Dados em Grid L. Aparecido et al. 10.1590/0102-7786351018
- Satellite Remote Sensing of Precipitation and the Terrestrial Water Cycle in a Changing Climate V. Levizzani & E. Cattani 10.3390/rs11192301
- Validation and consistency assessment of land surface temperature from geostationary and polar orbit platforms: SEVIRI/MSG and AVHRR/Metop I. Trigo et al. 10.1016/j.isprsjprs.2021.03.013
- Evaluating a land surface model at a water-limited site: implications for land surface contributions to droughts and heatwaves M. Mu et al. 10.5194/hess-25-447-2021
- A triple tree-ring constraint for tree growth and physiology in a global land surface model J. Barichivich et al. 10.5194/bg-18-3781-2021
- Cold Bias of ERA5 Summertime Daily Maximum Land Surface Temperature over Iberian Peninsula . Johannsen et al. 10.3390/rs11212570
Latest update: 08 Aug 2022